D.O.T. PHYSICAL EXAMS
Trained & Certified by the FMCSA our doctors are proud to be able to help keep drivers safe! All medical examiners performing Department of Transportation physicals (DOT) must be trained and certified by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA). Both Dr Crosby and Dr. Hinzman meet these criteria. Our doctors are dedicated to all continuing education required to stay current with the latest healthcare regulations and will continue to offer the increasingly comprehensive DOT exam. A limited number of providers will offer DOTs. Crosby Chiropractic & Acupuncture Centre will continue to raise the bar in healthcare offering stringent exams that keep drivers safe while spending long, hard hours on the road. Our Certified Medical Examiners are trained and certified in the FMCSA standards, reporting monthly or more frequently to the FMCSA.
The new regulations will review the following during the physical exam:
- High blood pressure
- Lung, liver, kidney, and nervous system health
- Muscular disease or weakness
- Vision acuity
- Previous or recent injuries and illnesses
- Heart disorders
- Hearing disorders
- Respiratory issues
Things to Remember
- The doctor will need a urine sample, so drink plenty of non-caffeinated liquids before your appointment. This is a test for kidney function and IS NOT A DRUG TEST.
- Don’t smoke or drink caffeine before your exam or your blood pressure may rise.
- Drivers are typically in and out of the office in under 30 minutes.
- Drivers are awarded a certification that can last up to a maximum of 2 years.
- Some drivers may require other testing by one of our doctors.